The powerline adapters we have provided you is an essential component of your solar system. It allows your solar equipment to communicate to the online monitoring portal by feeding an internet signal through your existing electrical wiring in your home from one point to another point. This small piece of equipment can cause a large number of communications issues if it is disturbed. Please leave the powerline adapters as they were installed at your home or you risk losing internet connection to your solar equipment!
If you feel you have lost internet connection to your equipment, please follow these brief instructions to ensure your system is connected to the internet.
- Verify the powerline adapter is plugged in to an available LAN port of your router using an Ethernet cable:
- Verify the powerline adapter is plugged directly into a wall outlet. Do not plug the powerline adapter into a power strip, extension cord, or surge protector:
If you have verified the above steps and still don’t have an internet connection:
We need to reset your powerline adapters to get them to pair to each other by following the steps below.
- Locate each of the installed powerline adapters at your home. One will always be installed near your router, and one near your solar equipment outside. Your setup should look something like this on the inside of your home:
And like this on the outside of your home:
- If any of the LED's are off or blinking, unplug both of the powerline adapters from the outlet(s), wait 1 minute, and then plug them both back in.
- If you still do not have all three LED's solidly on, press and hold the Pair button on both adapters until the Power LED goes off momentarily and comes back on.
- If the interior Powerline LED's are not solid green, it is in a location with poor signal strength. Try another wall socket and repeat step 4.
- If you are still unable to pair, please remove the ethernet cable from the exterior adapter and bring the exterior adapter inside your home. Please plug both adapters into wall sockets as closely as possible, and attempt to repair them together. Please note: the lowest LED light represents ethernet connection and will not be illuminated if the cable is unplugged. The main focus is to obtain a sold green light on both units under the middle LED with this symbol:
- Once the powerline adapters are paired, please take the unit back outside and re-insert it into it's socket and re-connect the ethernet cable.
- After completing these steps, please log out and log back into your monitoring site through the application or the website directly.
- If you do not see data immediately in your monitoring portal: Not to worry! It can take up to 24 hours for data to backfill inside of your monitoring portal.
If you do not see any connection or data in your portal after 48 hours : Please contact the service department and we will continue to troubleshoot with you.